I had seen so much, carried the pain of others on my shoulders, comforted families and people in the depths of their pain, sorrow and grief. But the stories remained attached to my soul; the pain and the emotions that I had carried, began to weigh me down.
A mission and ministry to share Christ’s love in our community with those who have suffered loss, due to displacement, violence, crisis or natural disaster by meeting their needs through faith-based assistance, crisis intervention and support.
As a Chaplain for many years, first as an Emergency Services Chaplain and now as a community Chaplain, I have come to recognize the blessing of sharing Gods word and seeing His power change lives. This ministry would include devotions at Parades for our local Fire Station and Police Station, building relationships with people and being available to minister in whichever form by offering support and encouragement in times of crisis, loss and trauma.
Assistance may take place in many different ways such as assisting and supporting the destitute, comforting the bereaved, assisting those who are struggling with or facing difficulties of any kind,visiting the sick, attending to the bereaved and offering crisis intervention and trauma support.
Our Vision & Objectives
- To offer support to members of the community in times of crisis, trauma and emotional bereavement.
- To work alongside all organizations in the crisis intervention field, trauma as well as the various private and government agencies inclusive of Emergency Medical Services, Hospitals, Security Companies and the different Law enforcement agencies in our community.
- To minister to the bereaved and to visit the sick.
- To make a difference in our community through a ministry of encouragement, compassion, justice and mercy.
- To support the displaced and destitute where possible through spiritual, emotional and physical support and resource.
This ministry falls under the spiritual authority and oversight of the Order of Christian Service and works in partnership with community and law enforcement / emergency service structures and operates as a project under Trauma Support SA NPC 2013/042781/08
Walking with God
Rebuilding lives - Restoring community
Get in Touch
Message us if you have any prayer requests
Find us at the office
84 Elm Road c/o Wattle